Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday, March 12, 2011 - Cord of Three


Tom was already losing his hair before I met him, so he can't blame me or the kids for that, although he does regret not doing more "hair things" with his hair while he had it. I've always enjoyed trying different things with my own hair but I never could braid it or Julie's hair for that matter. I just don't have the finger coordination, yet other people make it look simple. Thank goodness Nick hasn't asked me to braid his thick hair so I think I'm safe from the humiliation of having to admit yet again that I can't braid.

     A braid like the one in the picture is a work of art with three strands of hair woven together smoothly and evenly. Sarah Young depicts the three spiritual disciplines of trusting, waiting and hoping as strands God wants us constantly weaving together to strengthen our relationship with Him. 

"Trusting is the central strand, because it is the response from My children that I desire the most. Waiting and hoping embellish the central strand and strengthen the chain that connects you to Me." (Jesus Calling

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me." John 14:1


"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14


"God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.  We have this hope as an anchor for the soul firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus Who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:18-20 


How else can we prove we trust God except by wrapping our declaration of faith with patient waiting and expectant hope?  If we have no hope that God will answer in His time and His way, we won't wait for Him to answer or act. If we're spiritual clock-watchers, impatient for something to happen and prone to make things happen with or without God's green light, we prove we trust ourselves more than we trust Him. I can say and sing "I trust in God" all day long, but if I don't wrap my trust in patient waiting and expectant hope, they're just flimsy words in the air after all.


Father, may trust be more than a word we toss back and forth across the aisles at church. Keep our eyes on You and not on a clock or calendar. Both lift us and anchor us with hope that You're always working to fulfill the good work You've begun in us. May our spirits be beautifully adorned with quiet trust. May our active trust in You bless You and be our greatest strength and greatest attraction.  
In the Name of Jesus, Who drew all men to Him by His trust, patient waiting, and expectant hope in Your Character and Name to fulfill Your plans

Inspired by Jesus Calling
photo from photobucket.com





No comments:

Post a Comment