Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, March 28, 2011 - How Much Can You Take?

     I get a little nervous and even suspicious of people who give and give and give without expecting something in return. Most of the time there's a catch, a calling in of the favors.  Too many "givers" have too many strings attached to the gifts they give.   
     Our giving God asks us, "How much are you prepared to receive? How empty of you are you? How ready are you? How thirsty for Me? How big is your cup?"


"I tell you the truth, 
anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God 
like a little child will never enter it." 
Mark 10:15
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, 
because he trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3
     Then, as God gives and gives and gives we find ourselves overflowing and looking for someone to receive the overflow. It's a flood of blessing we couldn't withhold if we tried. 
"But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering 


on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, 
I am glad and rejoice with all of you." 
Philippians 2:17
     Father, my own lack of faith keeps me from being completely receptive to what You can give. I think in human terms and question too much. Just for today, Lord, help me keep my mind openly and obviously staid on You as You give and give and give. Help me not to clog the flow of blessings with doubt or self-absorption.
In the Name of Jesus Who poured out His Life and held nothing back when He died on the cross!

Inspired by Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment