Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 -

"Come to Me with empty hands and an open heart, ready to receive abundant blessings" (Jesus Calling).
Yesterday's "round one" of a two-day assignment substituting in a Pre-K class of precious four-year-olds sent me to my corner physically and emotionally drained. I applied remedies for the muscular pain, but I'm having to leave the pulled heartstring in God's nurturing and healing Hands. 
     Today presents "round two" and this morning I look to God to know Him better so I can be like Him when they look to me for what they need. 
Lord, save me from being the missing link in their understanding of You. Let Your promise for renewed strength, power and unity flow into my inner weariness like a cool ripple of fresh water. I'd love to fly like an eagle today but I'm hoping at least to keep my head above water and not to faint before I can hug some tiny bodies and hear their amazing stories. I come to You empty and helpless and I'm trusting You, Sovereign God and my Life Coach, to fill my emptiness and helplessness in order to pass on the nurturing You're giving me.  

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint." 
Isaiah 40:29-31
Thank You for drawing me into Your nurturing, unity and for filling my deepest ongoing needs and covering the width of every temporary emergency and urgency.
Your Will be done and praise You, Jesus, maybe I won't get in Your way since I'm too worn out to have a will today!
In the Name of Jesus Who prayed for our unity and Who shares all His resources and Power with us!

"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they my be one as We are one: I in them and You in Me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that You sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." John 17:20-23
Inspired by Jesus Calling
graphic from photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment