Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday, April 30 - Happy Birthday, Julie - - and Addy?


Now wouldn't that be something: 365 days in a year to choose from and, now, Addy could crash her mom's birthday party? If that's what happens we'll know Miss Addy won't be one to miss out on anything, and for Julie, it would serve as a quick initiation into the sacrifices a mother makes that come in handy later: "Now, Addy, I gave you life and left my birthday presents unopened to do it. I think you can let me finish my dinner!" or, "Give me one hour of uninterrupted bath time in peace; it's the least you can do after interrupting my cake and ice cream!"
     The Nolands (Tom, Robin, Julie and Nick) have celebrated great individuality by respecting each other's space. We've even allowed each person his or her own birth day, birth month and birth state. Tom blessed his folks in Florida in March; I made my debut in Georgia in June; Julie made a last minute decision to arrive in April in Alabama, and Nick spiced up our lives in November in Louisiana.
     At this point, however, Julie's ready to share everything with Addy. The throngs who wanted to see "that dress" at the royal wedding can't compare to my daughter's anticipation to see her daughter's face. The stored-up love Nick and Julie have for this little baby girl is looking for a place to flow.
     When the Holy Spirit lives in us, Love springs out in ways we can't contain or explain. He loves others through us and we stop staking out territory and start tearing down fences. We're willing to share space, time and resources. Love happens because God is.
"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit,
Whom He has given us.'"
Romans 5:5

"Love is patient, love is kind." 
1 Corinthians 13:4

Father, Your Will be done and may Addy arrive safely whenever she arrives. Keep my own baby girl safe and calm. Thank You for what's in store for us as we explore a whole new realm of loving others. Praises to You for babies and how they keep us close to You and reveal how deep Your love is for us.
In the Name of Jesus Who shares His Inheritance, Power, Glory and Love with us!
Inspired by My Utmost for His Highest
photo from the Akin family album

No comments:

Post a Comment