Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, April 11, 2011 - Guest Room

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
     It's the first day of a new week and a fresh start, but I think I've already blown it. Yesterday, I was reminded again to show no mercy on sin by crucifying the sin-monsters I've tried to confine in my heart's closets. Like any other closet, it will have to be cleaned out regularly but I didn't expect to have to chase pride out again so soon. Sneaky devil.
     Sigh. 
     As I empty the closets the Holy Spirit begins again to refresh and reorganize what I store in my heart. He has complete freedom to remodel as He sees fit because, try as I might, I can't confine Him to the guest room. He's not company; it's His house. I turned over the keys and the deed the day Jesus saved me.
"Now if we died with Christ,                           we believe that we will also live with Him. 
For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead,                   He cannot die again; 
death no longer has mastery over Him. 
The death He died, He died to sin once for all;       but the life He lives, He lives to God. 
In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin             but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Romans 6:8-11


"Brothers, I do not consider 
myself yet to have taken hold of it. 
But one thing I do: 
Forgetting what is behind 
                                      and straining toward what is ahead, 
                                                           I press on toward the goal 
                                                                              to win the prize 
                                                                     for which God has called me 
                                                                                                    heavenward 
                                                                                            in Christ Jesus."                                          Philippians 3:13-14
Father, help me free Your Holy Spirit to shine Your Holy Light into every corner, nook and cranny of my soul. Remind me I'm the temple and You're the Residing Owner Who calls the shots. Guide me to live moment by moment, day by day through You and to You
In the Name of Jesus Who purchased my life with His blood.
Inspired by My Utmost for His HIghest and Jesus Calling
Photo from photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment