Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - Unplugged and paying for it

     Today we celebrate face-to-face time with friends on a tour of Little Rock: the Clinton Library, trolley cars, the Big Bad-Word Bridge, and, the one for which I'll pay dearly, Pinnacle Mountain.  Thoughts of even a one-mile trek leaves me feeling like this empty outlet looks and it's entirely my fault. I'm excuse-less in a day when health and fitness tips lie at my fingertips. In the past I've found and stayed on the diet-and-exercise path long enough to reap the benefits of increased energy and productivity, but that's a wistful memory and now I'm about to pay for neglecting to nourish and strengthen my body. 
    However, the physical penalty I'll pay today doesn't compare to the penalties I pay when I fail to nourish and strengthen my spirit. The soul-wrenching regret I suffer when I stray from feeding my soul with face-to-Face time with God can't be soothed by a hot bath or ibuprofen. On days I neglect to walk with the God to direct, equip, and empower me for the daily challenges on my horizon, I pay dearly and I'm excuse-less since Scripture and my own experiences mark clearly which path is the path of life and the Lord's Presence. 
     "You have made known to me the path of life; 
          You will fill me with joy in Your presence, 
               with eternal pleasures at Your right hand." 
                    Psalm 16:11
Let me be busted physically but, Lord, save me from being unplugged, undernourished or unprepared spiritually. Guide me to seek Your Face and let the rest fall as it may. Guard me from detours and from too many breaks. May the Joy of Your Presence keep me up and moving to finish the race You've laid out for me. Teach me to live up to what I know and open my mind, heart and spirit to be like a baby bird with my mouth wide open and ready to receive whatever You want too feed me. 
In the Name of Jesus Who never looked for excuses and never needed one.
Inspired by Jesus Calling 
photo from photobucket.com   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment