Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - A Girl's Gotta Do What A Girl's Gotta Do

Julie called yesterday and Miss Addy's tapping gently at the door so my life's path just opened into a field of options and possibilities for today and from today into the future. After weeks of waiting, I've been called and even though I don't know the exact hour I'll leave, I know I'm heading out soon. 
     Yesterday brought the possibility of the end to another long-prayed for wait: we've had a "sincere" offer on our home in Daphne from a Christian couple who loves the house and would like to close on it in three weeks. After months of praying, we're being called to answer this door to anticipated change as well. While Addy's door opens, this one may be about to click shut and both are good, very good. 
     "I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him. 
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; 
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." 
Lamentations 3:24-26
Every day presents doors of choices, events and decisions leading to further choices, events and decisions. Every door presents an end to waiting but also a beginning to a new field of opportunities and possibilities for obedience and faith.
     "You are my portion, O LORD; I have promised to obey Your words. I have sought Your Face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to Your promise." Psalm 119:57-58
     The only thing I know for sure about today is that I'm walking through the door of a beauty salon to get my hair done because I refuse to meet my first grandchild with gray roots and split ends. So, while I can't map out this day in detail, I can do what I can to equip myself for what it brings. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do and a fresh "do" makes walking through any door just that much better.
My praises and thanksgiving are all for You, Lord God. You've chosen to send Hope and answered prayers in a bundle. Your timing is wholly perfect. Your lovingkindness and actions for our good leave me speechless with wonder. You are Grace and Mercy! Guide me to be obedient in these days as blessings pour out since that's when so many of us fail You. Through the waiting and praying and seeking, we work our way under Your wings but when the answers come we forget to pray and seek and obey, as if we got what we wanted and no longer need You. Keep me close to You and may the drive to Atlanta serve as a prayer closet for cleansing and revival!
In the Name of Jesus Who promised that we would receive whatever we asked for in His Name
Inspired by Jesus Calling
graphic from photobucket.com


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news, on both counts!

    ESBC is still praying for a buyer for Stuart's (our new pastor's) house in Montgomery to sell.

    ReplyDelete