Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday, April 15, 2011 - When God Throws a Party



     Being a minister of music's wife I don't miss too many Sundays, but when I do, I miss them on multiple levels. I miss the fellowship, the music, what God laid on my pastor's heart to share with us, the growth opportunities, the blessing of hearing how new believers came to accept Jesus just before they're baptized, and I miss seeing who God leads to join the fellowship of the Body. When I miss a Sunday the rest of the week seems out of sync and I don't like feeling out of touch with the rest of the Body.
    As odd as it feels to miss worshiping with my church family, missing time in God's Word or prayer leaves me weak and undernourished, a little dizzy, exposed and vulnerable. Another church billboard reads:
Seven days without prayer makes one weak. 
Oswald Chambers said, "You no more need a holiday from spiritual concentration than your heart needs a holiday from beating."
And why would we want to take a holiday from the One Who puts a song in our hearts?  
"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2
Why ever step out from behind the One we call our Rock, our Refuge, our Strong Tower? Why would we leave the shelter of His loving wings to face the foe alone? 
"From the ends of the earth I call to You, I call as my heart grows faint; 
lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. 
For You have been my Refuge, a strong tower against the foe. 
I long to dwell in Your tent forever and take Refuge in the shelter of Your wings." 
Psalm 61:2-4
Why ever leave the transforming Light to step back into darkness? 
"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18
I'm finding that when the Father throws a party I don't want to miss a thing. Praying you and I learn to dance and sing and throw it down with the best of them!





Inspired by Jesus Calling and My Utmost for His Highest.

No comments:

Post a Comment