Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday, November 12, 2010 - IKR?

     I have a confession to make: I've only written one or two thank you notes since we started this whole moving process. IKR? (For you readers who don't know, IKR stands for "I know, right?" - the younger generation's standard answer to most statements these days.)  Shame, shame, shame on me! Am I ungrateful? Broken arm? Amnesia? Fresh out of stationery?  Nope, but my cup is buried in blessings and I'm feeling overwhelmed by the challenge of adequately thanking the people God has used to bless us. As a so-called writer, I find it hard to write a "Thank you for the gift. We really appreciate it," kind of note. Also, if I start writing thank-you notes, I'm bound to leave out the people who did the most.  Finally, I've simply lost track of who has given what. Terrible problem, isn't it? To be surrounded by giving people who refuse to stop giving? 
     We've hit an unusual but much needed place in our ministry. I'm trying not to question God about His blessings, which sometimes seem too good to be true. I'm making every effort to relax and enjoy what He's seen fit to give us at this time. It's easier for me to understand why He sends the tough lessons into my life than it is to understand why He allows restful seasons of abundance and blessing. I try to remember that God gave His perfect Son for our sakes, so why would He hold back other good gifts from us? Now, I could start listing my blessings right here and now but, excuse me, I have some thank-you notes to write.


Father, You're a Good Giver and just as we are the recipients of Your Love, we're the recipients of Your good gifts. Help us not to question You when You give because You don't play guessing games when You choose the right gifts for us. You know what will benefit us most and You see that we get it, when we need it most. Thank You for putting godly, loving people in our lives. Thank You for the gift of fellowship and friendship. Thank You for the gift of making us Your family. Thank You for Your "ask, knock, seek" policy on gift-giving. Help us not to hold back when others ask, knock and seek. May Your generosity pour through us to others asking for Your blessings. We're a bit overwhelmed with Your gifts but help us learn to relax and enjoy them as they come, as we live in a state of thanksgiving.
In the name of Jesus, the most perfect and most needed Gift!
     

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. " Psalm 23:5 

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Luke 11:9-11

"He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all--how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment