Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday, July 1, 2011 - It Boggles the Mind

Presented here are a few mind-boggling, scriptural descriptions of God.
"But You remain the same, and Your years will never end." 
Psalm 102:27
"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God,
be honor and glory for ever and ever. 
Amen." 
1 Timothy 1:17
"Do you not know? 
Have you not heard?  
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom." 
Isaiah 40:28
"For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; 
His faithfulness continues through all generations." 
Psalm 100:5
     The most obvious explanation for all the boggling of minds is that you and I can't achieve even one of these qualities or characteristics. Can I "remain the same?" No, praise God Who loves me just as I am, but Who also constantly transforms me into His likeness. Can any of us claim to be "eternal" or "immortal?"  Only from the second of our salvation forward, but never back into time, into pre-time, into chaos. And, if any of you have achieved the power to be "invisible," please share your secret. I have a few ideas for such an ability. (I didn't say they were good or spiritual ideas, but I'd have a lot of fun and "laughter does the heart good like a medicine".) Or, maybe you've learned to make something from nothing like "the Creator of the ends of the earth?" Where do I sign up for your class?
     Forget achieving those qualities. We all know they're impossible for us, but I would settle for "will not grow tired or weary" because the Wheaties don't sink into my soul where the real weariness can weigh me down. How about "good?" Nope, already messed that one up today. Don't know about you but I haven't been loving toward others or faithful to Him for even a consistent week at one time, much less "forever" or "through all generations." 
     It boggles the mind that He is I AM, yet He loves us who come and go in a blink of His Holy eye. To the King, the Creator, the LORD, "the only God be glory and honor for ever and ever. Amen." 
Praises to Your Name, LORD, for all the mind-blowing, mind-boggling qualities that make You Who You are! You are the One True God and we thank You for all You have done, are doing and will do. Praises to You, Faithful and Loving to the least of us. Thank You for pouring out Your goodness and love on people who can't understand You or why You do the wonderful things You do. May glory and honor for You govern us today.
In the Name of Jesus, the Eternal Word of I AM!
Inspired by Live Loved by Max Lucado
No photo provided because none were available of our Invisible, Most High God

No comments:

Post a Comment