Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - Long Overdue Thank You Note

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all.
 The Lord is near. 
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 
Philippians 4:4-6
Dear Father,
Thank You for my problems. 
     They bow my head and bend my knees, keeping me fit and flexible.
Thank You for troubling thoughts. 
     They drive me to Your wise counsel.
Thank You for obstacles. 
     They provide opportunities to see You as the Overcomer Who moves mountains.
Thank You for critical people. 
     They stir my gratitude for Your unconditional love, reminding me to please only You. 
Thank You for sickness. 
     It reminds me I'm limited and frail while You're Almighty and Omnipotent.
Thank You for a broken heart. 
     It keeps me close to You, my Comforter and Healer.
Thank You for unmet needs. 
     They compel me to stick with You as Loving Father and Provider.
Thank You for an unclear future.
     It keeps me reaching out through the fog for Your Guiding Hand. 
Thank You for my past failures.
     They keep me humble and compassionate toward others.
Thank You for putting me among people who fail.
     They remind me to depend only on You. 
Thank You that I'm not Wonder Woman or the Proverbs 31 gal.
     My weaknesses open the door for Your Strength. 
Thank You that I can't add a single day to my life by worrying.
     That fact releases me to trust You in and for everything.
Thank You God that I'm 50 today.
     It reminds me of Your Timeless Presence and Faithfulness to me.
In the Name of Jesus, 
     Who knew me and died for me as the needy and helpless person I am!
Inspired by Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment