Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday, June 24, 2011 - Putting My Foot Down


"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king.  
But even if He does not, we want you to know, O king, 
that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
Daniel 3:17 
    Before me stands a 90-foot golden statue and in the distance I see the flickering light of the fiery furnace. Unlike the three biblical boy heroes, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, my heart hasn't quite made up its mind whether to trust God completely in this crisis or to hit the deck and pay for it later. I stand precariously on the one foot I've planted in faith while the other foot is still hovering in la-la land, indecisive. My head knows that half-heartedness and standing on one foot for too long lead to apathy and a painful fall. 

     These young men stood clearly and firmly planted on the Lord's side, live or die. Their decision and commitment to Him plowed through their circumstances. Their God and their faith in Him meant more than life itself. And when I think about it, what joy is there in a life lived half-heartedly or standing on one foot? 

"A righteous man may have many troubles, 
but the LORD delivers him from them all;"
Psalm 34:19
"Not one of all the LORD's good promises to the house of Israel failed;

 every one was fulfilled." 
Joshua 21:45
Lord, forgive me for allowing circumstances and fiery furnaces to lift even a toe out of my faith in You and Your faithful promises. Father, help my unbelief. Guide my heart and mind to let You seep through the whole, to be the blood that pumps in and out, the Spirit guiding me and strengthening me to make one righteous choice at a time and trusting You to honor Yourself through it. I mean to be strong, but lately it takes so little to knock me down.  I need You every second so keep Your Face before me, blocking out the furnaces and the 90 foot idols.
In the Name of Jesus Who fought off every direct and indirect threat to His faith in You
"-- and call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor Me." 
Psalm 50:15

Inspired by Live Loved by Max Lucado
photo from photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment