Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 - I'd Like to Speak to The Person in Charge

(Happy Birthday, Sweet Son-In-Love Nick!)
     When have you've "gone straight to the top" to get something done?  Since most employees have limited power to change the status quo, customers ask to speak to the person in charge of an event or business:
1) to complain about a product or service; 
2) to bargain;
3) to suggest an improvement for "next time;"  or
4) to congratulate the person in charge on a job well done or on an employee who was especially helpful.
The hit show "The Office" humorously depicts the struggle
for power between employees of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. 
   My prayer life consists of long conversations with the Person in charge of my life. Sometimes I send Him entirely too many memos related to items 1-3 and not nearly enough that fall in the fourth category. I've also been guilty of trying to handle these issues for other people instead of sending them straight to the Person in charge.
   Worry is a sure sign that we're confused about Who's in charge of our lives. "Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive." (Jesus Calling) When I need to address something, I need to send my memo then let it go. God will take it from there or train and empower me to handle the problem. It's in my job description to remember Who's in charge and, just as importantly, who's not.
"Then Jesus said to His disciples: 'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. . . . Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?  Do not set your mind on clothes . . . what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. . . your Father knows that you need them.  But seek His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." Luke 12 22-31 (abridged and abbreviated)
Dear Sovereign God, I'd like to submit my praise to You for an awesome job on everything You do. You're more than I could've hoped for in a God. Your track record in my life is impressive and You've accomplished things I would've never dreamed possible. Your attentiveness to details astounds me. No one comes close to Your long-range vision and planning. It's a joy to serve You and to work for You.
In the Name of Jesus, Your One and Only Son You've put in charge at Your Right Hand 
Inspired by Jesus Calling
photo from photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment