Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 - Higher Learning

      As one of those nerdy people who has always loved learning on any level, including teaching, I come to life when "school" is in the air. Ah, fresh notebook paper, new binders, dividers, sharpened pencils (or lead-filled mechanical ones), unread books, questions at the end of the chapter, a calendar planner and a syllabus for every class. If it weren't so expensive, I believe I would take classes to the day I die. However, money puts a screeching halt on my dream life. 
     Yet, I understand scholarships lay unclaimed every year so I investigated a bit and found some specific scholarships for which I simply don't qualify.  I'm too tall for the Short Women's scholarship but lack an inch to qualify for the Tall Women's Scholarship. I'm not left-handed and it's too late for me to make a prom dress out of duct tape to qualify for the Duck Tape scholarship. Since I'm not a big Star Trek fan I'm not eligible for the Klingon Language Institute Scholarships. I didn't grow up in Green County and I'm not from an ethnic minority. My grades were good but SAT scores cut me out of academic scholarships. I may be young at heart but age and future potential play a huge part in many corporate scholarships. Alas!
    Thankfully, my spiritual education finds no such limitations. God says "And everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved." Acts 2:21 He says, "I don't care about height, weight, color, or pedigree. It doesn't matter if you're as sharp as a tack or sharp as a bowling ball. Forget resumes and transcripts. There's only one yes or no question on My Accept/Deny application and it's not a trick question: Do You believe I loved you enough to send My Son, Jesus Christ, to die in your place and pay the price for your sins so you could live eternally?"  If your answer is "yes," your way is paid, enjoy abundant life with Me and I'll increase your knowledge of Me and My ways. If your answer is "no," sign up for Grace 101 and hit the Book again. 
 "For My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son 
and believes in Him shall have eternal life, 
and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40
 "But because of His great love for us, 
God, Who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ 
even when we were dead in transgressions - 
it is by Grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5
 "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him Who called us by His own Glory and Goodness."  2 Peter 1:3
Father, thank You that anyone breathing qualifies for salvation. You sent Jesus to die for average people, for geniuses, and for those who score below grade level.   I praise You for saving us not only from hell but from the hell of never satisfying a demanding God. I give You my gratitude for Your Grace; my devotion for Your Love. Teach me by Your Spirit as I study Your Word.
 In the Name of Jesus Who opened the gates to Higher Ground for all of us!
Inspired by Live Loved, by Max Lucado


No comments:

Post a Comment