Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 - The Chill and Thrill

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
    God started my morning by proving He means what He says. I woke up with a neck ache, stressed because of all the to-do's yet to be done before the Kids' Choir leader training Prep Rally tomorrow night. You've been there. Your mind shoots out in a million directions making mental notes to make written notes to take care of this important detail or to have that imperative conversation. As a result, I approached my desk to write just minutes ago with a deeply concerned look on my face (Let's just call it what it was: a faithless, sinful, worried look.) only to find God waiting for me, ready to help. 
    I opened Live Loved, by Max Lucado, to today's entry and saw at the top of the page:
"Being confident of this, that He Who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 1:6
     I sighed a smile and a "Thank you, Father," and picked up my Bible by the binding. It immediately fell open to the same verse. God was saying: "Again I say: "He Who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion." Others might call it a double coincidence (the perfect passage plus the exact page), but I know better. It's the chill and thrill of God speaking to my specific need. It's His personal promise to me that it's going to be a good day of good work with His good help, His refreshing inspiration, and His endless creativity. With "the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them - the LORD, Who remains faithful forever" helping me, how can I be less than confident?

"Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God,
the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them--
the LORD, Who remains faithful forever."
Psalm 146:5-6
Lord, God, Maker of heaven and earth, I love it when You thrill me with Your Presence! Your promises are for all who believe in You and rely on You and I praise You for the personal reminder that Your Promises include me. We get harried and overwhelmed in the middle of Your good work in us if we forget Your promise says You began the work and You'll complete it. Help us trust You and obey. Keep us calm and our hearts open to Your creative inspiration. You can't be deterred or detoured, and with Your help neither will we. Thank You that on the other side we'll see all the miraculous ways You worked in us and through us. Thank You and we love You for pouring Yourself into and through weak and cracked vessels!
In the Name of Jesus Whose faith allowed God to complete the greatest work for humankind!


Inspired by Live Loved, by Max Lucado
Photo from Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment