Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, August 4, 2011 - Writing 101

". . . And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20
     A specific purpose statement is the first step to good writing in any form. A writer must know to whom and why she's writing. Once the purpose statement takes root, the second step, developing a good outline, grows and develops. Having these two writing tools in place is like getting in a car filled with gas early on an October morning to go Christmas shopping with your complete gift list and where to buy the gifts.  The hard part is done; all that's left is the leg-work. 
     The words "scatterbrained," "wishy-washy," "uncertain," "rambling," and "indecisive" have no place in spiritual goals or lives. We should be easy to read as God's love letters to the world, with His purpose statement written clearly across the top of our lives.
     Purpose: "Love the Lord your God."
     The outline is clear: 
                       I. With all your heart
                      II. With all your soul
                      III. With all your mind
     All the rambling and confusion start when we fail to stick to the outline so our world says we're an "easy read" on the Power of the resurrected Christ. 
Father, Satan wants us to stay confused and distracted to keep the last chapter a secret, but You're with us as our God, holding us by Your Hand and keeping our feet on Your secure path. Thank You for giving us meaningful, eternal purpose. 
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My Righteous Right Hand." 
Isaiah 41:10
"You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn." 
2 Samuel 22:37
Write beautiful Truth and proof in our personal journals today. Write into our lives adventure stories, action stories, love stories: all filled with the mysteries of Your Grace and Peace. Take away all our fear about where the next chapter may lead us. You are there and that's all we need to know. 
"Peace I leave with you; My Peace I give you. 
I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." 
John 14:27
In the Name of Jesus, The Word and Love Letter of God to each of us


No comments:

Post a Comment