Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday, August 28, 2011 - Foresight

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  
How unsearchable His judgments, and His paths beyond tracing out!" 
Romans 11:33    

 A couple of Sundays ago I shared with some college students what I wish I had known when I started college as well as some tips for success.  Afterwards, I reminded myself that my own college degree felt obsolete as soon as they handed it to me because the next year began the reign of computer technology in the education world. Think back twenty five years: Did you foresee the Internet for everyone or laptops in the classroom ? Yet, these are staples for a college education today. The methods I used for note-taking and research may be obsolete to these students, but the principles of layering knowledge and masterplanning prove to be timeless.  
     God foresaw and foresees every change around us and in us and His Wisdom applies to every generation.  His knowledge encompasses eternity, from the height and breadth of the universe to each cell in the rarest and most miniscule form of life. When we invite Him, He'll hem up the loose ends of the past to fulfill His purpose in us today so we're in position to be part of tomorrow's plan.  While we watch our foot fall onto His path, He's placing the next stepping stone.  When we seek His direction, His Living Word stands off the page to point the way.
"You hem me in - behind and before; 
You have laid Your Hand upon me. 
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
 too lofty for me to attain." 
Psalm 139:5-6
"The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O LORD, endures forever
 -- do not abandon the works of Your Hands." 
Psalm 138:8
"The LORD remembers us and will bless us: 
He will bless the house of Israel, He will bless the house of Aaron, 
He will bless those who fear the LORD -- small and great alike." 
Psalm 115:12
Father, we would do a lot of things differently if we knew what tomorrow held. Thank You for protecting us from knowledge too great, too daunting, for us to assimilate.  We want the one-stepping-stone-at-a-time plan.  We depend on You to bring Your Word to life in us. Your Wisdom is never out of date, never obsolete. Thank You!
In the Name of Jesus Who is the Master Planner, the Truth, and Who holds all knowledge!


Inspired by Max Lucado




No comments:

Post a Comment