Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - It all lines up

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, 
because he trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3
"Love the Lord Your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37
"The LORD gives strength to His people; 
the LORD blesses His people with peace." 
Psalm 29:11
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. 
With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." 
Ephesians 6:18
     About two years ago I started having what I thought were unrelated pains here and there:  right foot, shoulder, neck, lower back, and the list kept growing.  A trip to Italy was on the horizon and I didn't want pain to take anything away from my experience, so, as a last resort and with some apprehension, I went to an Atlas chiropractic doctor who specializes in the fragile neck area where the nervous system flows through the narrow channel between head and torso. 
    My doctor immediately located the problems which were obvious to her practiced eye, and she began the process of "straightening me out" as she adjusted and readjusted. She taught me to avoid pain-causing habits such as sitting properly at the computer. She pretty much got into every area of my life, from my head to to my toes, recommending neck supports and shoe brands. In about two months, through treatments, exercises and suggestions about what to do and what not to do, she had me in great shape for the trip.
     When we're out of line spiritually, we can only find relief by lining up with the Head of the Body of Christ. We pray for Him to lead, submitting to Him as the Cornerstone of our lives and He aligns our hearts with His. We focus on Him and He directs our paths, protecting us as we walk in His Way. He shows us simple ways to serve Him and keep our priorities straight. He orders our lives: "Love Me first with all your hearts and everything else will line up in the Peace and Strength of the only I can give."
KIng of Goodness and Grace, we hold out our hands and hearts today for Your cleansing and we submit to Your adjustments and readjustments. Help us love You in Your love language and help us receive all the Love You want to pour out on us today.
In the Name of Jesus, the One Who never once stepped out of line
Inspired by Live Loved, by Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment