Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - Out of Self Experience


"Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: 
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one, 
and calls them each by name." 
Isaiah 40:26

     Before today's to-do's tumble down on me, before my mind reels from all the images  and thoughts to be sorted and absorbed, before someone somewhere suggests how I could please them, I will lift my eyes and look up to You, My God.  You created and You sustain, King of the universe. You are top priority and You get top billing in my life today. Reveal Yourself through the beauty You've allowed to fall around us. Help me "go right out of myself" (Oswald Chambers) into Your Presence to commune with You and to let You instruct, teach and counsel me. Help me "go right out of myself" to pray for others - to intercede in their behalf more than for my own gain.
In the Name of Jesus Who went right out of any selfish goals to be One with the Father and to intercede for us.


"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 
I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

Inspired by Jesus Calling, My Utmost for His Highest
Photo from VBS Creation story slide show

No comments:

Post a Comment