Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - Sacred Space

(Based on "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young)
In the movie (Yes, I realize I mentioned a movie yesterday, too, but what can I say? We love movies!) "Seventh Heaven" Chico and Diane live up seven flights of stairs in a tumbledown building in Paris. Chico is called to war only moments after their wedding and the two must separate. As they part, Chico makes a vow to stop whatever he's doing at 11:00 each morning  to "come to Diane" from wherever he is. This single moment in the day, when they think only of each other, sustains them through four years of war and separation. Romance at its finest!


Our God doesn't leave us, even to help fight other noble causes for a greater number of people. He's everywhere at once and can come to more than 7 billion people simultaneously. God doesn't just think about us but acts in our interests. He reveals Himself to us personally in new ways every day. He shines His loving Presence into the cold and lukewarm places we've hidden even from ourselves. Our God died to bring us a Peace nothing can touch IF we'll take the time to be still and know Him as God. Maybe, if He had to go away for a while, nothing would keep us from that sacred space of being still and knowing Him today.   


Father-God, I don't want to take Your generosity and availability for granted. Whisper constant reminders of Your Presence and Your calling for me to "be still and know" You. Thank You that I don't have to go to a certain place at a certain time to meet with You, but increase my willingness to drop everything at any time to sit before You. Awesome God, I praise You for the sacred space within me where You live and breathe. Help me polish the treasure of untouchable Peace You've given me as I learn to worry less about what's changing - or not changing - around me.


In the name of Jesus, the Sacred Space where humans and God come face to Face


"Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at Me, your High God!" Psalm 46:10 The Message


"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10 NAS


"Be still and know that I am God," Psalm 46:10 RSV & NIV


"The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace." Numbers 6:25-26 NAS

No comments:

Post a Comment