Friday, October 15, 2010

October 15, 2010 - On the Road

A friend of mine told me she's so desperate to get away from it all that she's considering checking into a nearby monastery where they allow non-residents to take a break from the world. Sounds peaceful and purposeful.

I will be traveling for eight to nine hours in an enclosed cubicle with me, myself, and I, Little Mack and the Good Lord. I'm surrounded by witnesses: Behind me, one world filled with people I love who'll continue fighting the good fight. Before me, another world of people mid-stride in their race to the prize God has set before us. And then, there's me, moving along at a steady pace from one world to another to join a new group of soldiers and receive a new assignment. Today will be a gift of time in a little room, a garden, a cave, a monastery cell - with God alone. He has promised me in today's  "Jesus Calling" devotional that I have the promise of His protective Presence. His finger will be on the top of my little car, scooting it down the road like a Matchbox car. I'll have nine hours to listen, to be still, to pour out praise and to absorb all He has to give me. Say a prayer for Little Mack.

Father, Thank You for the beauty of Your Presence and for the amazing detail in Your timing. No one could guess the blessings You've brought from this unexpected "miscalculation" of time that left me behind for a while. Your Presence is sweet and delightful. Help me take full advantage today and teach me to stay focused on You and Your path for me.

In the name of Jesus, the One who knew best how it feels to be caught between two worlds

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eye on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment