Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday, January 22, 2011 - Starting from Here

     When we snap on the leg-shackles of regret we plant our minds in the past and hinder all forward progress. How many of these sound like something you've snapped around your ankles?   
If someone had encouraged me, believed in me. . . .
    If my parents hadn't pushed so hard . . . 
        If I had only known then what I know now . . . 
             If I had been better with money . . .
                  If I had gone to college . . . finished college . . .
                       If I had answered God's call to ministry, to missions . . . 
                            If I had taken that job and moved away from here . . .
                                If I had been a better parent . . . spouse . . . friend . . . 
                                     If I had taken better care of myself . . . 
                                          If . . .(you fill in the blank)
     Regret says, "I missed the boat for Plan A and now, (sigh), I can't do a thing about it. I'm stuck with plan B, C, D, E, or worse" at which God rolls His eyes and says "That's a heap of unbelief in what I can do starting from here." 
"Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; 
for I am God, and there is no other." 
Isaiah 14:22 
He is the great Unraveller of Messes, the Straightener of Crooked Paths, the Rescuer for those of us who are worn out with fighting the uphill battles with regrets pulling us downward, the Key Who unlocks all our restraining shackles.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." 
Proverbs 3:5-6
God calls us to plant our minds in His Spirit, to anchor ourselves in Him and let Him show us just how high we can fly starting from here.                           
"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever." Psalm 52:8



Father, keep our eyes fixed on You because when we look to You we're saved. When we trust You, it doesn't matter where we start - we'll finish well, exactly where You want us. Forgive us for our unbelief in what You can do through us. Stop our minds from going back, except to learn what we don't want to repeat. Carry us to the places where there's a good view of forever. 
In the Name of Jesus Who lived completely for You and had no regrets to keep Him ascending to rule beside You!


Inspired by Jesus Calling and My Utmost for His Highest
Photos by Robin Noland, Gulf of Mexico



No comments:

Post a Comment