Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday, October 7, 2011 - Not looking. Busy Pouting.

"Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."
1 John 2:6
     I'm too miffed this morning to "walk as Jesus did," but thanks for the reminder, John. I'd rather wring someone's neck than hug it; rather stew than forgive; rather procrastinate than pray.  If it were up to me, there would be a grace period between the offense committed and the forgiveness required, but, at 14, I submitted all these decisions to God and gave my life to Jesus for His purposes. So, unless I want to be the hypocrite who claims to live in Christ but fails to follow Him, it's time to pray for the offender and for myself.  The first step is the hardest: kneeling my indignant, miffed, hurt will to His.
"Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; 
may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground." 
Psalm 143:10

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."
James 1:22

LORD God, I call on You to help me do what comes so naturally to You and what can be so difficult for me: love and forgive people who hurt me and mine.  Fill me with the fruit of Your good Spirit and take away the ups and downs of fickle emotions and pride to lead me on level ground.  Strengthen me to let You work through me even now. I don't want to be a hypocrite - I want a genuinely flowing relationship with You. You saved me to use me; don't let my hurt feelings and pride get in Your way. I love You more than I'm miffed and that feels good. Please, guide the offender, another believer, in Your way, as well. May we each seek You and find ourselves united and harmonious as a result.
In the Name of Jesus Who forgave even me

No comments:

Post a Comment