Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - Designed to travel light

Storage and moving companies provide a special box for packing books.  It's conveniently called a "book box" because that's what it's designed to carry. Book boxes are small because books, in large quantities, are heavy. Filling large boxes with hardbacks tears up the boxes. That's a testimony from long ago.

You and I were NOT designed to be overloaded with burdens of any kind. Our spirits sink and begin to cave when we overpack ourselves with fear, unconfessed sin, regrets, shame, should haves, and worry over things we can't change. We were designed to walk in God's Light, yoked with Christ, constantly letting His Spirit drive out what is not of God.

Father, I praise You for carrying my burdens for me because You know they wear me down and burn me out when I try to carry them alone. I keep trying to take on more than I should so I thank You for taking some things out of my hands. Please, help me do my part by letting You pick and choose what I pack in my heart. Help me shed the things that slow me down and keep me from serving You with all my heart. Help me not to load others down with anything they're not designed to carry either.  Help us travel light in Your Light, encouraging and bearing one another's burdens,  just as You bear our burdens.


In the name of Jesus whose yoke is easy and whose burden is light


"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19


"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7-9




"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Robin. That is especially meaningful to me right now.
    I Peter 5:7

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good lesson for today. You are getting good experience in this subject. I hope you first pack the things of true importance and find the other will not fit.

    ReplyDelete