Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 22 - Strength for TODAY - based on "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

Yesterday I was overcome with exhaustion and a swirling set of emotions I can't begin to unravel or explain.What other experience brings all of this at once? A wedding? That's it! I feel like I did in the midst of Julie's and Nick's wedding: glorious relief and joy that God had brought these two together and would use them as a couple now and yet, grief that my baby girl wouldn't be asleep in her room at night. As the reception progressed, I saw the sadness and anxiety growing in Julie's eyes when she looked at me. I prayed for strength for both of us and I took the Scarlett approach: "Fiddle-dee-dee, I'll think about that tomorrow" (and the next day and the next . . . )  She was feeling the imminent separation. When she called us in to say her good-byes and thank yous, the tears flowed. The finality of this huge change had set in and it was heartbreaking and uncomfortable, yet unstoppable and exciting. At that moment, she and Nick literally stood on the threshold between their past and future.

That's what the next weeks will be like for me. A bride between families - never letting go but realizing things will never be the same again. God give me strength.


Sovereign God, You are my Strength and my Song and that is just the combination of beautiful gifts I need right now. I am thankful to be part of such a loving church family and circle of friends. They've blessed me more times than I can count. I need Your Strength to walk through the next weeks. Put Your sweet Song in my heart to help me through the coming days, weeks and months. Guide me to let Your Love and Hope outshine the stress and distress of change - heartbreaking, exciting change. You're never boring, Lord, and You'll never leave us to deal with all these adventures alone. Give us physical strength to deal with the physical side of this particular change. Thank You for so much to do to keep our minds and hearts from stagnating in a pool of anxiety. I exalt You, Lord, once again, for Your amazing, unparalleled attention to detail.


"The LORD is my strength and my  song; He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will exalt Him." Exodus 15:2
"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."2 Corinthians 10:5
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking this to your Facebook, Robin. It is very precious. I hope to keep up with you in your new home and new church home. We will miss you at ESBC, and will keep all of you in our prayers.

    Nancy and Tommy Morse
    (I have a blog, too, if you'd like to take a look. http://fancyhorse.blogspot.com/
    I picked Fancy Horse as my screen name on several sites, because it rhymes with my real name!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, you and your sweet family will be sadly missed. You have brought so much to ESBC and we will always treasure that. God has blessed you with a beautiful family! I am so glad that you are doing this blog and have shared it with us. You are such a creative soul! I don't know what else to say right now because I am still in shock after reading you will be moving and Tom was such an inspiration, as well. May God bless you down every road He takes you! What an awesome God He is!!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete