Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 9, 2010

Preparing to move after almost 12 years in the same house means more cleaning and clearing than I ever dreamed. It's meant steaming off wallpaper, spackling, sanding, painting, and constantly cleaning up the mess of "progress." It's meant putting in plants to impress prospective buyers and tracking dirt onto the floor I just swept. I've put bits of our past into stepping stones we can take with us to serve as reminders and foundations of where we've been while helping us get to where we need to be. We've shed tons of things we realize we don't need and we're trying to spend as much time as possible enjoying people we've often taken for granted.

Dear Father-Planner, God of Order and Newness of Life,
As I clean out closets, weed flower beds and sort through memorabilia I realize how much needs to be cleaned out of my personal life. Lord, unclutter the closets of my heart and help me share what's there rather than hoarding any love and encouragement that could help someone else. Pull up the weeds of worry I allow to block my view of Your blessings. Toss from my mind anything that triggers negative thoughts of the past and help me crowd them out with praises and Your Light. Free me from anything weighing me down and keeping me from moving forward on the path You've laid out for me.


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."  Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment