Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - He Flows through the Flaws

Long before Sarah Young's "Jesus Calling" began ministering to my heart, Frances J. Roberts'  "Come Away My Beloved" and her other sequels filled with God's side of our prayer conversations helped me understand God's Grace and His love for imperfect people.  Like Young, Roberts penned what God revealed to her using His Voice and principles from His Word. The following excerpt, "To Feel Need Is to Receive Grace" from Make Haste My Beloved, reminds us He's with us before we call on Him and He's answering prayers we've yet to voice.


     "No obstacles within yourself can restrict My grace.  
I love you when you cannot love yourself. 
I forgive you while you are still repenting.  
I am blessing you while you are still pleading for mercy.  
I am not thwarted by your unperfected expression. 
I use many vessels while they are struggling with their failures; for in their conscious sense of need, they are more yielded to me than they who think themselves to be without flaw. 
In truth, nothing restricts the Spirit's work more than the smug satisfaction of the spiritually proud who sense no lack and who neither are repenting nor calling for aid.
     To feel need is to receive grace.

"Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, 
and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." 
Jeremiah 33:3
Yes, the mighty things which you do not comprehend are the miraculous things which I do for you and through you in your acknowledged times of need, and they are beyond your understanding and greater than your ability; for I act in and through you according to My grace and My own ability."

No comments:

Post a Comment