Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - A Shout Out to God

"Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
 let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before Him with thanksgiving
and extol Him with music and song."
Psalm 95:2
The psalmist suggests a variety of ways to express our praise to the Lord: 
sing for joy, 
  shout aloud, 
       thank Him, 
          extol Him with music and song.
     Joy rises in the soul and can't be faked like a smile or a laugh.  It shines from the peaceful place behind our eyes or in the exhausted peace we experience after we wrestle with God and faith wins. Trust (faith), peace, and joy are inextricably tied together because when we trust God, we know peace.  Nothing brings joy like the peace of knowing we serve a God we trust to be the immoveable, unshakeable Rock when we're shaking with fear, grief or rage. One of my favorite church billboards reads:
No God. No peace.
Know God. Know peace.


"Those who know Your Name will trust in You,
for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You."
Psalm 9:10
     Lord God, I will sing You a love song today because You have never forsaken me even though I can't say the same for myself.  You've led me along the right paths and cared for me. You express Your Love to me daily.  Thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for using every circumstance to chip away at the burdens I don't need to carry.  My highest praises are for You as the all-knowing, good God of the universe.  My heart is singing right now as I think of how You've blessed me over and over.  Help us praise and adore, extol and magnify You by:

singing for joy, 
     shouting aloud, 
          thanking You, 
               and extolling You with music and song.
In the Name of Jesus Who said the rocks will cry out 
to the Rock of our salvation if we don't!
Inspired by Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young


No comments:

Post a Comment