Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday, March 30, 2012 - Something to Say . . . And Mean

    When I began learning French, learning to detect the difference between "real" words and "filler" words (and sounds) challenged my comprehension.   Thank goodness the French, like the rest of us, sprinkle their conversations with lovely French equivalents to "er," "ah," "so," "but," "good," and "hmm."  Eventually, these words that once threw me off track became life savers when it was my turn to speak. Mastering the "stay-with-me-I'm-still-part-of-this-conversation" filler words allowed me time to process what I heard and form my responses.
     Sarah Young, in "Jesus Calling" suggests a phrase we should slip into our everyday thought life and conversations: "I trust You, Jesus."  When we don't know how to respond, "I trust You, Jesus."  When someone shares bad news, "I trust You, Jesus."  When I'm overwhelmed and uncertain, "I trust You, Jesus."  When the bottom falls out or people blow their tops, "I trust You, Jesus."  On Mondays and on Fridays, "I trust You, Jesus." 
Thank You, Lord, for being trustworthy in every scenario.  Our speechlessness gives You time to speak. Our paralysis allows us to watch You work.  May "I trust You, Jesus" be our interjection into every troubling conversation.
In the Name of Jesus, in Whom we trust



No comments:

Post a Comment