Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - Change Ahead

For most people the word "change" causes anxiety since it's been used to  preface bad news, as in:
 * "We're changing the way we do things around here" indicates frustration ahead.
* "We're making some personnel changes" meant "You no longer have a job." 
* "I need a change" has led to insecurity as someone close to us changes positions, locations, etc.
* "You've (I've) changed; you're (I'm) not the same person I (you) married" leads to separation and often divorce. 
* "He'll (She'll) never change," rarely means the person is a delightful person.


A few restless people become addicted to change, but most of us spend a great deal of mental energy convincing ourselves that: 
"Change is good."
"Change is in the air."
"This will be a welcome change."
"The change will do me good."


And for us, there's One, and only One, we can depend on never to change.  
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
 Hebrews 13:8

To be partnered with the unchanging, incorruptible Christ anchors our security in the One Person Who never changes but Who expends Love and energy changing (sanctifying) us from within the core of our being - spirit, soul, and body.
"God will do this, for He is faithful to do what He says, 
and He has invited you into partnership with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."
1 Corinthians 1:9

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; 
and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless 
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

     Jesus never changes because He is perfect and holy.  Refusing to let Him change me, however, means I'll never get any closer to being like Him. 
Lord, my heart cries out to You, "Change me!" while also praising You for never changing!  
You're love-outpouring, joy-giving, peace-providing, patience-times-infinity, kindness multiplied, goodness personified, unfailingly faithful, gently guiding, and always in control. Help me be like You so people will be drawn to You.  Fill me up like a hand fills a glove and never let me change hands.
In the Name of Jesus, Who never fails and is always faithful!


Inspired by Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young

No comments:

Post a Comment