Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday, February 12, 2012 (2/12/12) - "I" Problems

With "I" problems,we need to prepare
for a lifetime of disappointment
I've been miffed for the last two days; miffed because we've done everything we know to do (besides going overboard on the sacrificing) to avoid a certain situation.  As it turns out, we should have suffered and sacrificed a little more.  My reaction started out as angry tears, but  I didn't look up at the sky, shake my fist, and say "This is YOUR fault!! You said You'd take care of things, but just look at this mess!"  No, I took the cowardly route and pouted, giving Him the cool shoulder and lukewarm greetings.  You've had acquaintances do this to you:  they're warm, fuzzy and dependable, then one day, they look through you or their smiles grow forced and tight.  That's what I've been doing the last two days toward God, because He didn't come through the way I wanted Him to come through. 
     Just count the times the words "I" and "my" appear in that paragraph! Still dealing with the "I" problem.  My creative nature falls miserably short when it comes to seeing how God can fix a problem: there's only one way and it's my way.  

Lord, forgive me when I'm spiritually nearsighted and when I act as though I'm in charge of my life. You're the boss and whatever You say goes. Forgive me for my immaturity and foolishness.  Forgive me for making the last two days about me.  You have a plan, a plan for our good.  Help us trust You fully and help me get back on my knees and back on track with You.
In the Name of Jesus Who died and rose again in the same Power You use in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment