Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday, February 20, 2012 - Cancun Moments


"My heart says of you, 'Seek His face!' 
   Your face, LORD, I will seek." Psalm 27:8 

Today is President's Day, a day off for many fortunate people.  The long weekend at home has been a blessing and we caught up on some things around the house.  While it wasn't really "time off" it was time well spent.
     As I was thinking about time off and how we need both rest and work time to be productive,  I remembered the most
refreshing, energy-boosting, and healthy vacation Tom and I've enjoyed on our 15th anniversary.  We stayed in an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, Mexico and for nine days, we didn't look at a clock or need a wallet. We rested, did what we felt like doing, did nothing at all and absorbed the beauty of nature on the beach or in the gardens of that lovely area.  I forgot to take a book and since I'm not one to sit still for long without something to do, I was a little concerned about getting bored, but my body, mind and spirit needed this break more than I had realized and I relaxed so thoroughly I never missed having "something to do." The benefits of this time away visibly revived me and when we returned to our normally scheduled lives, I was a new person with fresh perspectives. 
     How do we restore our weary spirits? We schedule time to open our hearts to God's healing power with spiritual Cancun moments in a hammock of holiness, letting His Spirit blow through us to remove all the tension and confusion the world imposes on us.  We set aside the calendar, clock and computer to relax and delight in our Father's Presence and Love.  We listen intently for His still small Voice


"To trust Me as a little child trusts his father is the only safe way (to spiritual purity).  Have I asked so hard a thing? To pride, it is hard. To love, it is easy.  Let Me melt your heart anew, and let Me restore your spiritual vitality."  (Make Haste My Beloved, by Frances J. Roberts, author of Come Away My Beloved)

"The blameless spend their days under the LORD’s care, 
   and their inheritance will endure forever. 
In times of disaster they will not wither; 
   in days of famine they will enjoy plenty."
Psalm 37:18-19
"The LORD makes firm the steps
of the one who delights in him;
though he may stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand."
Psalm 37:23-24


"Consider the blameless, observe the upright; 
a future awaits those who seek peace." 
Psalm 37:37
Father, still the thoughts in my head and the anxiousness of my body - like a race horse in the gate waiting for he day "to begin."  This time, in this hammock, is the most important time of the day; this time listening for Your Voice is the most important thing I can do.  The remainder of the day will visibly prove Your refreshing Spirit in my life when I delight in investing and resting in You. Take my life and use it as You help me take time to be holy.
In the name of Jesus Who pulled away to  pull into You completely


No comments:

Post a Comment