Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday, February 18, 2012-Sitting in A Puddle of Grace


Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, 
for His compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning; 
great is Your faithfulness." 
Lamentations 3:22-23
    The middle school worship team came to our house Thursday night for hot dogs and broccoli.  We had chips and cookies, too, but I found a recipe on Pinterest for roasted broccoli called "The Best Broccoli of Your Life" from the Barefoot Contessa. The description said that even people who don't like broccoli love this broccoli. So, we conducted a test. Five kids who don't (didn't) like broccoli tried it and all agreed that even though broccoli is a vegetable, is green, and looks like miniature trees, it can be delicious, or at least good.  It took courage for some of these kids to stick even a small bite in their mouths, but each one seemed to trust me and popped the broccoli in without much fuss.  What an honor, they trusted me. What a relief, they liked it.
     Last weekend God put a big plate of challenges in front of me and I didn't trust Him enough to take a bite with faith.  My immediate, natural reaction was to make a terrible face and crawl "under a blanket of hopelessness."  I fussed, made a mess of it, and added depth to the think/worry line between my eyes before getting it out of my system and returning, like the prodigal, to the arms of our Father, begging for mercy and putting Him back in charge of my life. 
     Now, the storms have passed and I'm sitting in a puddle of grace. In a week's time God  answered not only the first icky, sticky problem, but an additional one that came up over the same weekend.   What an honor for God to love me, listen to my hurts and answer my prayers.  What a relief my faithful God Who carries me through is also full of surprises along the way. Now it's my turn to scoop up some of that grace and pour it out on someone else who needs it. 
Father, time and again You show me You're always working behind the scenes for our good. The very problems and challenges that make me want to hide are the ones You answer in such amazing ways that I can't keep quiet.  You're sunshine and rain; You're the umbrella and the nourishment. You're the protective cloud and the pillar of fire.  You don't lay on us what You won't help us carry. Thank You for answered prayers. May all glory go to You - use me to make that happen.
In the Name of Jesus Who said everything is possible with God

No comments:

Post a Comment