Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Making An Inferno out of a Flame

"A man's steps are directed by the LORD. 
How then can anyone understand his own way?"
Proverbs 20:24

"Therefore, is anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 4:17
I don't like to lose and I don't like losing things. I don't like the feeling I didn't get my fair share of the good stuff and I don't like getting an unfair share of misunderstanding or blame I don't deserve. I don't like watching helplessly as Plan A falls down the ranks to Plan D.  Yuck, pooey, and splttttt. Welcome to Life 101.

Today's Jesus Calling offers us a way to handle these potential day-ruiners: barely touch the disappointment before looking at God and saying "Oh, well."  Our joy won't be disturbed if we learn to handle life's little disappointments the same way we're able to move a finger quickly through a candle flame without getting burned. A light touch with daily worries and disappointments opens our eyes to realize the day's irritations don't have to ruin our moods or put our faith in the balance. We leave our fingers in the flame when we dwell, sulk, complain, and lash out at others over what could have been a brief flash in our day. 

Lord forgive us for living our days as if we're the only ones who matter.  Lift us above the trivial "I don't likes" and help us see with Your great, far-reaching eyes.  If we must complain, let it be to You.  If we feel overlooked, help us look to You.  If no one appreciates us, may we look around us to see who we need to appreciate.  Lord, help us grow up and shine for You instead of making destructive infernos out of flames.
In the Name of Jesus Who was treated unfairly yet remains the Light of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment