Thursday, September 27, 2012

Enlighten me, Lord, but manageably!

Enlighten me, Lord, but manageably.   

My devotional from "Come Away, My Beloved" reminded me of the power of praising God. So, I began praising Him instead of praying about all the specifics bothering me. As praises filled my mouth and heart, the Light grew brighter in my mind. Possibilities and joy began jostling previous ones out - like rabbits multiplying - before I could grasp them. Alarmed, my eyes popped open and I prayed.
Enlighten me, Lord, but manageably.  
     A few moments of praise and God caused a brainstorm of ways to help and encourage others.  Praising Him opened my mind and heart to accept the comfort, joy and love He was waiting to pour in. A few moments of praising Him opened the door of Hope.  
     God doesn't want us to carry a blessing to someone else. He calls us to be a blessing and allows no shortcuts in our character.  He doesn't let His children get away with checking off a good deed for the day.  He's all about shaping us, hollowing us out to carry more Light.  A lantern has to be empty on the inside to hold a light and only empty buckets can be filled with fresh water.  A heart filled with the blues has no room to "make melody" to the Lord. 
     Prepare to be amazed by the power of praise.
Enlighten me, Lord, but manageably!

Father -  You're worthy to be praised!  There's no one like You.  You always consider what's best for everyone else for now and the future.  For these moments, we empty ourselves of everything but You.  You're as unattainable as the stars.  Your Love is infinite, Your wisdom incomprehensible.  You created all that is and You can scale every hurdle on today's track.  We can't hold You; we can't control You. You are Perfect in every way. We love You. We want all You have for us but show us how to manage the blessings You pour into empty vessels.

In the Name of Jesus Who was filled with Your Spirit and overflowed on everyone He touched! 

17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,  Ephesians 5:17-19


No comments:

Post a Comment