Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday, November 12, 2011 (Happy Birthday, Crystie!) Open Arms

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. 
He who believes in Me will live, even though He dies; 
and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die.  Do  you believe this?"  
John 11:25-26
"Whoever acknowledges Me before men, 
I will also acknowledge him before My Father in heaven."
Matthew 10:32
"Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." 
Matthew 10:39
      Have you ever been invited to something because you accidentally overheard the hostess inviting someone else? Awkward! The hostess looks up surprised and splutters "Oh, you come TOO!" but no matter how much she insists, you know you weren't on the original guest list.  You graciously mention other plans and, as much as the poor hostess tries to cover it, relief relaxes her face. She was already mentally addressing the changes she would be forced to make to accommodate you if you had accepted.  
     God graciously included us on His original guest list when He said, "Whoever." It's a sincerely open invitation, yet our name cards are already in place at His table. He won't have to add another cup of water to the soup or be forced to pull out the broken chair or cram in an odd dish with the matching set because He wasn't expecting us. His Heart longs for us to believe, turn around and accept His invitation above all the others in the stack. His Arms ache to hold us which results in a breathtaking response when we accept: we realize we're home in the Arms of the Father-God Who loves us as angels rejoice in His Presence. 
"In the same way, I tell you, 
there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
 Luke 15:10
 Father, Grace Personified, thank You for inviting me into Your Arms opened wide with Love when You said "Whoever."   Thank You for opening Your feast of blessings to include me.  Thank You that angels rejoiced when I accepted Your invitation and, Lord, help me never misunderstand my place at Your table as something I earned. Keep me from blurring or obscuring Your invitation, but to make it clear that all are welcome, all are loved, all are accepted.
In the Name of Jesus Who told us angels rejoice when we accept Your invitation

Inspired by Live Loved, by Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment