Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday, May 6, 2011 - Out of Control

Julie made Addy's button "A."

Each morning I think, "It could be today," and I list reasons the day would be a great day to have a baby. Then, when Adalyn doesn't arrive, I think, "Her birthday's not going to be on this date." As I go to sleep I wonder, "Will she come in the night?" and the next morning starts the process again.  
     At the doctor's appointment Wednesday, the doctor told Julie and Nick that when a baby will be born is one of the last mysteries on earth. Yes, we can induce them, strip membranes, or break the water all in an effort to speed things up, but still, a mother never knows how long she'll be in labor before the baby's born. Without these interventions, pinning down the exact delivery date is unlikely and without a C-section, we're completely out of control on this one. 
     Human beings have learned to control and forecast so many things,we're flustered when we stumble on anything we can't control. We're shocked at our helplessness to ward off tornadoes, tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, or floods or to coax one baby girl out of the womb and into the waiting arms of her family who are more than "ready" to meet her. 
 Father, thank You that I'm not in control and thank You that my neighbor isn't in control. My decisions would be based on my feelings or on my sympathy (or lack of sympathy) for other people. You alone are able to rule in complete understanding, justice and grace. We're blinded by what we want to happen now. Free us from the shackles of needing to control our days and our destinies. You have the big picture before You and we submit completely to Your decisions and outcomes. Fix our eyes on You and help us trust You day by day in every possible way.
In the Name of Jesus, Who trusted You one dark Friday and now fulfills His destiny as King of kings and Lord of lords 
  "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18


Ready for some R&R - Rocking and Reading!
"I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful,  I know that full well. . .  My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:14-16

1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks so sweet! Just like Julie, and Addy!
    Our older granddaughter was 10 days late. The nursery was all ready, the suitcase packed, and my daughter-in-law more than ready! She didn't come until it was time, God's time!
    I know how you feel. :-)

    ReplyDelete