Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday, May 4, 2012 - Waiting to Exhale

It's not Tom, but there's an uncanny resemblance in the
top half of the face.
     From what I understand, it's physically impossible to sneeze without closing your eyes.  I've tried with no success, especially when driving.  Here's another one to test: take a deep breath, hold it then try speaking without any air seeping out.  We become Instantly mute since words stick in our throats without the breath to carry them. 


"In the Old Testament, God's word and God's Spirit are parallel figures. God's word is His almighty speech; God's Spirit is His almighty breath." (from Knowing God, by J.I. Packer)


"The Spirit (breath) of God was hovering over the waters. And God said (Word). . . and there was . . . (Gen. 1:2-3) 


     God's Spirit (breath, inspiration) carries His Word to accomplish what He commands. 

10 As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is My word that goes out from My mouth:
    It will not return to Me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
    will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
    will clap their hands.

     God fills believers with His Spirit, and provides the words needed. However, He gives us the free will to exhale and bless or to hold our breath and just look silly.   


"I delight to do Your will, O my God,
And Your law is within my heart.”
I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness
In the great assembly;
Indeed, I do not restrain my lips,
O Lord, You Yourself know.
I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth
From the great assembly."
Psalm 40:8-10


Father, "You are the air I breathe" and You fill me with Your Spirit to accomplish every single calling You give me.  Change my heart to be more willing to exhale blessing and good news, testimony of Your Goodness and Righteousness.  Don't let me speak empty words and don't let me hold back any word You give me to speak.
In the Name of Jesus, the Word of God

No comments:

Post a Comment