Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - It Will Only Hurt for A Minute

     Every time one of the kids had to have shots, I took them for a milkshake if they handled it well.  This was no problem for my stoic Nick, but Julie earned her milkshakes. She was terrified of needles. Terrified.  
     Death can be terrifying in its mystery or it can be a blessed deliverance from pain and suffering.  Either way, we'll submit. Then those who've given Jesus the deeds to our lives will find Him waiting with rewards on the other side of that momentary passage. He made it through victoriously and came back to promise us death will only bring us closer to Him, His experiences,  and His likeness. So, Death, where is your sting? 
     
"Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch Me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have." Luke 24:39


"To Him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Revelation 3:21


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2


"However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20


Thank You for the cross, Lord, where You suffered and paid my penalty for sin, but thank You for the Power of Your resurrection that conquers even death.  Thank You that Your Power flows in us and works against every evil.  Show us how to let Your Power reign in us today in our moment-by-moment challenges and decisions.  Reveal Yourself to us so we see You encouraging us and consoling us through the scary parts of life. 
In You own sweet Name, Jesus, because Your Power brought new life that will never die

No comments:

Post a Comment