Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday, September 1, 2011 - How Low Can You Go?

 "For the pagans run after all these things, 
and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, 
and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:32-33  
   Our 2nd Grade Choir started learning a song last night called "Get Down." Do you know how many ways we believers can "get down" in the Lord?
     1) We can dance our socks off in praise to God, or,
     2) We have a bad day, a sad day, a mad day and we "get down" on ourselves, on others, or in our spirits, or,
     3) We voluntarily humble ourselves and "get down" at Jesus' Feet to learn His ways then follow through by getting to the end of the line and putting God's priorities first, other people's needs second and our own desires last.   
     An amazing thing happens when we throw ourselves down at His feet in any of these situations: He lifts us up.  
"To win, you've got to come in last place.  
To live your life, you've got to lose it. 
All the losers get a crown.
I get down and He lifts me up; I get down and He lifts me up; I get down and He lifts me up, I get down."
   "In your weakness, He is stronger. In your darkness, He shines through.
   When you're cryin', He's your comfort. When you're all alone, He's carrying you.
I get down and He lifts me up; I get down and He lifts me up; I get down and He lifts me up, I get down."                                          (Selected lines from the song Get Down by Mark Stuart, Will McGinniss, Bob Herdman, Ben Cissell and Tyler Burkum.) 


    How low can you go today, sweet friend? You might want to consider any fear of heights before you kick in the humility full force.


"Many peoples will come and say, 'Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us His ways, so that we may walk in His paths.'
The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem." 
Isaiah 2:3

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." 
Philippians 1:21

"A man's steps are directed by the LORD.
How then can anyone understand his own way?" 
Proverbs 20:24

To hear this catchy, upbeat song and watch the video that goes with it go to:
Video to "Get Down" by Audio Adrenaline

Lord, God, Your call for us to live like Christ turns our worlds upside down.  Help us cut our selfishness down to size so You can lift us up.  Help us when we get down because of overwhelming burdens, fears, needs, or failures.  And finally, Lord, help us let You free us to "get down" with serious, foot-tapping, heart pumping praise for You.  You delight us with Your Wisdom.  May we live for You today and go as low as You call us to go,
In the Name of Jesus Who humbled Himself to lift us to new heights

No comments:

Post a Comment