Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Friday, April 27, 2012 - Portals

From Sarah Young's Jesus Calling:


"My power flows most freely into weak ones aware of their need for Me. 
Faltering steps of dependence are not lack of faith; they are links to my Presence." 


Have you noticed that weak cell phone connections are becoming less of a problem?  We'll soon have no excuse for not getting all the information since "dropping out" and "breaking up"  will be a thing of the past - something to explain to the grandkids. 


Last week I felt like a lost glove and realized how little time I had spent with God in His Word or personally.   Circumstances interfered with our connection and unruly emotions had me "dropping out."  With a friend or two praying for me and by asserting the fine fibers remaining of my willpower, I came to Him with "empty hands and an open heart" (excerpt from today's Jesus Calling devotional). I poured out my emptiness and weakness to the Lord and found myself standing in a power tower to God.  Once again I recognized the truth that I don't have to step into His Presence with my act pulled together. My acknowledged weakness provides the portal I need to His Presence


“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You. May they also be in Us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as We are one— I in them and You in Me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that You sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.
John 17:20-23



"He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment