Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, April 9, 2012 - To Be Continued. . .

Based on what I've seen when people lose loved ones, I'm sure Jesus' death left the disciples  paralyzed in shock. If they followed normal human behavior they may have even slept after He died. Sleep is, after all, an escape from reality and pain, the answer to the sheer exhaustion of grief and waiting for the period to be placed on a sentence, when there's no more to be said and nothing to be done for a while. 
     But Jesus died with an exclamation mark, saying "It is finished!" not "I am finished." Friday afternoon said "To Be Continued" and Sunday morning was the pilot for a whole new era. I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God Who died for my sins and was raised to new life and now reigns in heaven.  I believe what happened in the past and I believe Jesus saved me when I was 14, but what do I believe about Him today?  
Is He 
*powerful AND personal?
     *reigning AND relevant?
          *holy AND here with me?
               *Teacher AND Friend?
                    *Past AND present AND future?
When the disciples finally understood and believed Jesus was Who He said He was, He breathed the Holy Spirit into them, providing the "To Be Continued." 



"Again Jesus said, 'Peace be with you! As the Father has sent Me, I am sending you." 
And with that He breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit." 
Do we invite the Holy Spirit to continue God's story in us daily?  If problem-solving takes center stage of our lives, we've lost touch with what His scarred Hands did for us from that point forward through eternity. His active, working Love makes us heroes in the plot.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us.  
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, 
neither angels nor demons, 
neither the present nor the future, 
nor any powers, 
neither height nor depth, 
nor anything else in all creation, 
will be able to separate us 
from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:37-39
He is here.  Erase the period you've placed on His power or add two more dots because He's still writing His-story in you and in me, in His church, and on this globe.
   "Each moment you can choose to practice My Presence 

or to practice the presence of problems." 
(Sarah Young, Jesus Calling)



Father-God, continue what You did in Your church in Acts 2.  May we open ourselves to be used by You in any way You choose so Your story is told, and told again to a searching world.  Remove our blinders but help us focus on You. Satan wants us to believe You're less interested, less powerful, less personal than You were in the Bible.  Let the scales fall from our hearts' eyes and help us see Your Holiness and Power working today.  Keep our hearts and minds stayed on Your Presence with us, working and guiding us to be part of Your bigger picture and plan.
In the Name of Jesus Who rose from the dead and continues to save and love!



"The LORD replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."  
Exodus 33:14

No comments:

Post a Comment