Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - Unpublished

     As I wrote yesterday's blog the thought crossed my mind that it may have been too raw, too personal to post.  At about the same time, an error message popped up telling me the site was unable to save the draft I was writing.  God used the pop-up message to encourage me to pray, "Lord, if this one's just between You and me and shouldn't be published, then don't let it be posted."  Almost immediately, it disappeared before my eyes due to an Internet server glitch.  
     Was the time I spent in Bible study, prayer and writing wasted?  Not even close.  God was telling me, "Your goal is to listen to what I tell you.  Most days it's to be shared with others, but some days it's meant for your heart, your understanding alone."  God has personal lessons for each of His children.  While it may seem safer and easier to study the general curriculum for all believers, the time will come when God tutors, reviews, or enriches us to affirm what His Word teaches and to jump-start us to act on what we already know.   


Father, Your Ways are infinitely wise and You know what each of us needs to hear from You.  You created Your Son to be our Rabbi, our "Good" Teacher, and through Him You spoke personally to real people in their own personal dilemmas and readiness to hear.  The Bible records instances You ministered and spoke publicly, but how many unpublished words did You speak with individuals and small groups? Paul spent three years alone listening to You in Arabia and Damascus (Gal. 1:17), yet we don't know and probably wouldn't understand what You said to him.  All we know is he heard You, served You, preached the gospel, and wrote to encourage believers. 
     What are You telling us today?  Prepare us to hear and to act on what You say to us personally today.   
In the Name of our Good Teacher, Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment